The Bluegrass Center for Autism’s mission is to provide children and adults affected by autism with an individualized spectrum of services for lifelong success.
BCAKY Changes Lives, we would be thrilled to consider your application for employment.
BCA is a 1:1 intensive teaching environment that uses the principles and methodologies of Applied Behavior Analysis. Although we are a full-time program, we are not an accredited school but a therapeutic medical center. BCA is accredited through the Behavioral Health Center of Excellence, you can learn more through www.bhcoe.org. Each learner is assigned a Behavior Analyst who is responsible for their individual programming and behavior plans regarding your child. Each child is then assigned a Speech Pathologist who they will see at a minimum of 3 half-hour sessions per week. Additional members of the treatment team will include Registered Behavior Technicians.
• Year-round intensive treatment program for ages 3-24.
• Individualized instruction designed around each child’s learning style.
• One to one service with highly trained instructors.
• Individualized programs to encourage social, academic and life skills.
• Daily data and program analysis to accurately monitor each
• Vocational Training
• Community based services to prepare children with foundational learning skills and communication.
A typical daily schedule is comprised of direct instruction, discrete trial teaching and natural environment learning in individualized and group setting as determined appropriate by treatment team. Child specific schedules are created based on the needs of each child. Group times may include gross motor/fine motor activities, turn taking, conversational skills, learning to follow group instruction through daily circle time, music, etc. Community based clients will receive services based on client specific need and may vary.